Sunday, June 13, 2010

Podcasting

Last semester I took a class through Wilkes that introduced me to podcasting. The type of podcasting I was required to do for that class focused on creating a podcast giving my opinion on a topic. At that time the thought of using podcasts with my third grade students had not really crossed my mind. After researching podcasts for this discussion I started to come across so many ideas for using podcasts in the elementary classroom.

I can see podcasts as a potentially huge motivator for my students. For example, I feel I could get better writing/stories out of my students if they could produce their final draft into a podcast rather than just a final copy that would go into a class book. Parents could also have access to the podcasts so they could listen to their child’s stories.

Creating podcasts can also assist students with their fluency. Quite often students can improve their fluency by simply listening to themselves reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment